With so many deck and wheels options, it can be tough picking the right Evolve board. We created this guide to help you decide!
Each board offers a slightly different ride, however all of our boards can climb insanely steep hills of up to 25% gradient with ease. All boards are customisable, have minimal noise, smooth acceleration, and a suggested max load of 100kg/220lbs.
Our hugely popular, flexible bamboo deck. This board offers a good amount of flex for maximum control at all speeds and the deck shape locks in the rider’s feet whilst riding. A carving machine and perfect for a cruisey, beachy feel.
This design focused board offers maximum range and a sleek design. This deck has a slightly longer wheel base than our bamboo models, and is often preferred by riders who want a little extra stability for hitting top speeds. This slightly longer deck is super stealth with a very high tech look, sound and feel, which includes built in electrics.
The ultimate carving machine! This board combines the high performance battery range of the Carbon GT and morphs these features into a slick new looking Bamboo deck. Available with black or gold motors and a slightly larger battery, the GTX is for those who like the look and feel of a bamboo deck with extra range.
THE FOUR FACTORS
Consider the distance you will need to ride on one charge.
- Our biggest battery boards are the Carbon GT and Bamboo GTX. The Bamboo GT has a smaller battery.
- Street setups will have more range than our AT boards due to the greater resistance from the wheel.
Where do you want to ride?
- Will you be sticking to pathways and streets or going off road?
- All of our GT and GTX series boards are compatible with both AT and street wheels, meaning more variety and versatility in your ride!
- For those looking to use rough roads, poor quality paths or just head off road and ride through grass, sticks and dirt, the AT setup is a must.
- Street wheels are suited to riding on roads or pathways with a smooth surface. Larger street wheels i.e., 97 – 107mm will roll over more obstacles compared to smaller wheels 80-83mm. Smooth surfaces allow for the best ride on street wheels. The larger the street wheel the higher the top speed you can reach, the smaller the wheel the more torque you’ll get. For an in-depth look into wheel options, watch this video.
- For riders looking for more variety, the 2in1 board option offers this in one box! All 2in1 boards come in AT setup with a GT Street Kit and wheels of choice.
How do you want the deck to respond when you’re riding?
- A flexier deck will help to absorb vibrations from terrain however it’s not as stable when riding at higher speeds.
- The Carbon GT deck has a stiffer feel under foot, mostly in street setup but not so much in AT setup. However, it has a brilliant feeling at higher speeds making it a very stable and controlled ride.
- The Bamboo GT boards have a slightly more flexible feeling deck under foot than the Carbon.
- The GTX is our most flexi deck option.
What do you envision your board looking like?
- The bamboo decks feature a cruisy, beachy, quality vibe and are favoured more by purists.
- The carbon deck is design focused, with a high tech look, and feel. This board has a distinctive F1 low profile look with concealed electrics for a stealthy vibe.